Sunday, August 30, 2015

Happiness

Right now, I feel at peace. I feel good. I feel alive.

As I sit in the room lit up by a small lamp, I can't help but smile.

I feel content. I feel content. I feel... joyous.

I'm grateful for each person I have encountered in my life.

To each and every one of you, I say thank you.

By encountering you, it helped shape to become me.

Through your kindness, I now only present gentle hands.

Through your jokes, I attempt to make others crack smiles.

Through your wisdom, I've attempted to be people's advocate.



However, not all encounters are the most cheerful.



Through pain, I've understood how life is challenging.

Through hardships, I decided to not let them stop me from

enjoying life.

Everything has a certain purpose,

It's just you, personally, have to figure that out.


But, if I may ask:

What does make a person happy?

Everyone has different sayings, idioms, and more

on this certain topic.

Happiness is certainly meant for everyone,

But we all find happiness in different ways.

I hope everyone here can say they know what happiness

Feels like,

Tastes like,

Sounds like,

Looks like,

Smells like.

How does a person dress up happily?

Even dance, sing, create, or destroy?

Can you even live, grow, eat, sleep, play, fall, or cry

And still consider yourself happy?

How about cheat, kill, or defy?

Even death?

These are all components that make up life.

Both the incredibly addictive good points,

And as well as the unavoidable bad points.


They all combine though,

To make one beautiful,

Yet not so beautiful,

Feeling named:

Happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment